These are extra classes and worship dance topics/activations that we can do, should there be extra time during the conference.
GROUP/ROOM 2 - JESUS/LORD and KING/GLORY
GROUP/ROOM 3 - HONOR/MAJESTY and DESIRE/SING
GROUP/ROOM 1 - WORTHY/PRAISE and PEACE/BLESS
GROUP/ROOM 2 - HALLELUJAH/FIRE and LAMB/BLOOD
GROUP/ROOM 3 - LOVE/NAME
You'll have about 10 minutes to work together with these particular words. I will give specific instructions during the conference. It will be a fun way to creatively learn some expressive movements! If we have more time, we'll do more words.
We will be breaking up into 3-4 groups (Zoom will randomly pick) and you'll go into the respective breakout rooms. This is a fun way to learn where dance is in the Bible and why we dance before the Lord! We will do at least the first 3 words, but should time allow, possibly more.
Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants, You have [a]ordained strength, Because of Your enemies, That You may silence the enemy and the avenger. Psalm 8:2 NKJV
Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, And a two-edged sword in their hand, To execute vengeance on the nations, And punishments on the peoples; To bind their kings with chains, And their nobles with fetters of iron; To execute on them the written judgment— This honor have all His saints. Psalm 149:6-9 NKJV
For the weapons of our warfare are not [a]carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 NKJV
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the [a]wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [b]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:10-13 NKJV
14:31 2 Cloths
20:52 Multiple Cloths
26:20 Cloths plus Dancers
Mirror & Echoes
Unison in Movement
Team: A group of people working together in a coordinated effort; to join in a cooperative activity; people who individually subordinate personal aspirations and work in a coordinated effort with other members of a group, or team, in striving for a common goal.
An undefeatable benevolence and unconquerable goodwill that always seeks the highest good of the other person, no matter what he does.
1. Be willing to be spontaneous. Have spiritual acumen (sharpness, or quickness of understanding). During praise and worship, be aware of what is going on around you naturally and spiritually. Leaders—listen to the Spirit of God for changes in the service. Watch for directions from the leadership and worship director. Members—watch for the dance leader’s directives. Be aware and on top of any changes the leader may give you.
Rejoice, be glad, be joyful. To spin around with intense motion. Dancing or leaping for joy.
2. Don’t get upset when you are chosen to do “just flags” or “just cloths.” It may be a test of your character, or the leader may need more experienced people to make sure that the flag part is done at the right time with good timing. It may be that the flag part is the most important part in the dance.
Completeness, wholeness, health, welfare, safety, soundness, tranquility, prosperity, fullness, rest, harmony; the absence of agitation or discord.
3. Dance members, try to avoid helping too much. Let the leader work through the choreography. Sometimes it takes development and time. If you do make suggestions, be mindful of how they are presented. Perhaps seeing the leader after practice would be good.
Long suffering, lenience, forbearance, fortitude, patient endurance, the ability to endure persecution and ill-treatment. It describes a person who has the power to exercise revenge but instead exercises restraint.
4. Don’t strive for position or leadership. When it’s obvious that you are striving for it, that is a sure sign to leadership that you are not ready for it. Be humble and submissive and serve genuinely. Be faithful in the little things (set up, clean up, etc.) with a loving attitude and eventually, (through patient endurance) you will be raised up. Check your heart motivation.
Kindness in actual manifestation, virtue equipped for action, a bountiful propensity both to will and to do what is good, intrinsic goodness producing a generosity and a God-like state or being. Combines being good and doing good.
5. Be willing to silently bring out or put away props. Will to do good especially without expecting reward or recognition. Offer to fold the cloths or wrap the flags or hang up the costumes. If you have the opportunity, and access, just do it without asking. Surprise your dance leader with a clean and organized wardrobe/prop closet.
Love for mankind, hospitality, readiness to help, human friendship, taking thought of others, lovingkindness toward men, goodness in action, sweetness of disposition, gentleness in dealing with others, benevolence, affability. The word describes the ability to act for the welfare of those taxing your patience. The Holy Spirit removes abrasive qualities from the character of one under His control.
6. Show lovingkindness to those team/family members who are, at times, not kind. They may have had a really hard day or life. Your simple act of kindness may crack their shell of insolence and, bring forth the deliverance they need. Don’t wear your “heart on your shirtsleeve.” Declare that: I will not receive an offense for any reason at any time!
Firmness, stability, fidelity, conscientiousness, steadiness, certainty; that which is permanent, enduring, steadfast. To be firm, sure, established, and steady. Certain, stable unchangingly fixed.
7. If you are an advanced dancer, do not skip practices once you feel like YOU know the dance. Your leader needs you especially, to see how it all fits together. If you miss (and there were changes), then the leader has to spend extra time with you. Leaders, it may be good to set guidelines for required practice times.
A disposition that is even-tempered, tranquil, balanced in spirit, unpretentious, and that has the passions under control. Meekness (power and strength under control). The person who possesses this quality pardons injuries, corrects faults, and rules his own spirit well.
8. Work on the part of the dance that you do have. Come at least partially prepared at practice even if you don’t have the whole dance. This avoids confusion and the feeling of being “frazzled“ or loose-ended. Be tranquil. Practice and complete a section during a practice time. This makes the team feel good—like they accomplished something (because they did!).
To control of one’s self, or of one’s own emotions, desires, actions, etc.
9. Never question or doubt what your leader says (especially) in front of the other team members. If your question is not answered by the end of practice, then quietly approach your leader on the side and pose the question or suggestion. Do not be offended if your suggestions are not always accepted.
Divide into 8 groups (OR 4) - Each group will do 2 counts of 8 of the following:
GROUPS 1 AND 2 - ACTIONS OF THE BODY
1. Gesture, leading into a turn
2. Travel into balance
GROUPS 3 AND 4 - SPACIAL ENVIRONMENT
3. Start with very small movements and increase in size to very large
4. Intersperse large and small movements
GROUPS 5 AND 6 - RELATIONSHIP
5. Move from a single row, to two rows, to three or four rows
6. Move in Succession
GROUPS 7 AND 8 - QUALITIES OF MOVEMENT
7. Release all tension and collapse
8. Make a series of bound and sudden or sharp movements
Prophetic Word for 50 and Older - From the Prophetic Dance Book page 31
Don't give up. I haven’t brought you this far to forget about you or let you down.
Though it seems like everything around you is faltering, just know that I will never falter. I will never leave you or forsake you.
I have seen your efforts and know your many trials.
I have seen you try to put the dances together for Me.
I have seen you try to put the teams together for Me.
I have seen you try to get just the right costumes and props for Me.
I have also seen you dancing in the back of the church, dancing down the aisles, and have cherished your dancing with Me.
Do not lose heart. For not only am I with you, but I will raise you up and send you forth.
Be persistent even in the fluctuations of your dance ministry (with people coming and going).
Follow Me. Stay with Me and hear My voice of instruction.
For I will lead you by the still waters and I will lay you down in green pastures.
For I am yours and you are mine.
You are not too old and it is not over yet. Your time and season is about to change. Walk with Me into your season.
May the blessings of the Lord overtake you!